Training takes place predominantly at Parkside Pools, although some squads also have sessions at The Leys School. Sessions range in length from one hour to two hours and take place both in the morning and evening. Swimmers should wear club hats at all training sessions and competitions. The coaches may ask you to sit out a training session if you don't have one.
For training you will definitely need the following items. Note that glass items must never be taken on poolside and plastic water bottles should therefore be used.
- Swimming costume (not shorts or bermudas)
- Swimming hats
- Drinks bottle (Water or squash re-hydrates quickest)
- Suitable bag
- Exercise mat
- Skipping rope
- Stretch Cords
- Heart monitor
- Recording sheet / logbook
In addition, for competitions, galas, open meets etc the following will be needed
- Club design swimming hat (Essential)
- Cambridge Swim Team shirt (Essential)
- Club Track Suit
- Entry Cards for some competitions
- Pool shoes
- Spare goggles
- Extra drinks bottle
- Change of costume
- Extra towels
- Packed meal for afterwards
Many of the above are available through the CoCSC Swim Shop usually held on the second Thursday of every month. An order form to purchase these items is available here.